lift up meaning
Verb: lift up
- Take and lift upward
- pick up, gather up
- Fill with high spirits; fill with optimism
- elate, uplift, pick up, intoxicate
Derived forms: lifted up, lifting up, lifts up
Type of: bring up, elevate, excite, get up, lift, raise, shake, shake up, stimulate, stir
to raise up.
Suddenly, the top of the box lifted up and a hand reached out.
Bill's hand lifted up and fell back again.
- lift-up: [American slang]n. ...
- lift so or sth up: [American slang]to ...
- lift: Verb: lift &n ...
- we'll have to lift up the car to get her out.
- i wished to express my feelings-i wished to lift up my voice and sing.
- the compassion of his love for her, as she saw it, made her lift up her heart to him in devotion.
- 1 unto thee, o lord, do i lift up my soul
- house : lift up your arms . you have a parasite