life instinct meaning
(in psychoanalysis) the instinct for self-preservation and reproduction
n : EROS
- freud's early concept of sexuality is still far remote from that of eros as life instinct.
- therefore, life instinct and the will to existence is a field that is well worth doing in study of philosophic history
- According to this theory, Eros or the Life instinct ).
- On the other hand, the life instinct is the cause of friendship, love, reproduction.
- Freud, divided human instincts into two categories : death instinct ( Thanatos ) and life instinct ( Eros ).