life expectancy meaning
Noun: life expectancy
- An expected time to live as calculated on the basis of statistical probabilities
Derived forms: life expectancies
Type of: anticipation, expectancy
Encyclopedia: Life expectancy
1 (also expectation of life)
the number of years that a person is likely to live:
Pension fund managers have to cope with longer life expectancy and new pension regulations.
the length of time that sth is likely to exist or continue for:
the short life expectancy of dotcoms
the length of time that an asset is likely to be used for
The length of time that an average person is expected to live, which is used by insurance companies use to make projections of benefit payouts.
A figure representing the number of years,based on known statistics,to which any person of a given age may reasonably expect to live.n : an expected number of years of life based on statistical probability
- expectancy: Noun: expectancy&n ...
- expectancy theory: [Business]noun [si ...
- interest in expectancy: [Law]Any future in ...
- women have a higher life expectancy than men.
- pollution shortens considerably the life expectancy of a body of water.
- particularly cigarette smoking is associated with a shortened life expectancy.
- which country has the highest life expectancy
- women have a higher life expectancy than men