lie by meaning
- 1. To be inactive
2. To keep out of the way
3. To lie to (nautical)
- lie: Verb: lie (lay,lai ...
- lie in: 1. lie in BrE to ...
- lie to: (nautical) & ...
- the portals of the rich reek of flesh and wine while frozen bodies lie by the roadside.
- we have received a number of complaints from several of our customers conceming the … su lied by you
- an attacker sophisticated enough to download and use a tool can cause the client to report a lie by modifying packets traversing the network
- But let me give another example of a lie by omission.
- They're teaching police officers to lie by omission ."