- Noun: launching lonching
- The act of moving a newly built vessel into the water for the first time
- The act of beginning something new
- introduction, debut, first appearance, unveiling, entry
- The act of propelling with force
- Set up or found
- establish, set up, found
- Propel with force
"launch the space shuttle"; "Launch a ship"
- Launch for the first time; launch on a maiden voyage
"launch a ship"
- Begin with vigour
"He launched into a long diatribe"
- Get going; give impetus to
"launch a career"
- set in motion
- Smoothen the surface of
Derived forms: launchings
See also: launcher
Type of: actuation, begin, beginning, commence, commencement, displace, get, get down, impel, move, open, open up, propel, propulsion, set about, set out, smooth, smoothen, start, start out
- launching pad: Noun: launching pa ...
- launching site: Noun: launching si ...
- launching-pad: noun1. A platform ...
- More: Next
- he is launching his son on a career in banking.
- the rocket lifted off from its launching pad.
- the company is launching a new model next month.
- after many difficulties and postponements, the ship was ready for launching.
- she wants to be more than just a singer and is launching out into films.