launching pad meaning
Noun: launching pad
- A platform from which rockets or space craft are launched
- launchpad, launch pad, launch area, pad
Derived forms: launching pads
Type of: platform
Part of: launching site
Encyclopedia: Launching pad
- launching-pad: noun1. A platform ...
- launching: Noun: launching&nb ...
- pad: Noun: pad &nb ...
- the rocket lifted off from its launching pad.
- late monday afternoon, reading the obscure and intricate markings, they identified a launching pad.
- forty-two medium-range nuclear missiles were being unpacked and prepared for launching pads with desperate speed.
- to launch a rocket is to send it up from its launching pad
- with a bachelor of arts, you are on the launching pad . but now you have to start to put on the brakes