latch on meaning
Verb: latch on
- Take hold of or attach to
- take up, fasten on, hook on, seize on
- Understand, usually after some initial difficulty
- catch on, get wise, get onto, tumble, cotton on, twig, get it
Derived forms: latching on, latched on, latches on
Type of: adopt, apprehend, compass, comprehend, dig, embrace, espouse, get the picture, grasp, grok [N. Amer], hold on, savvy, sweep up
to get hold of someone.
I don't know where Jane is. Let me try to latch onto her.
- latch: Verb: latch & ...
- latch on to: 1. latch on to/ont ...
- on the latch: Not locked, but ab ...
- he is a bit slow but in the end he latches on.
- he always latches on to me when he sees me at a party.
- the repairman installed an iron latch on the door
- he always latch on to me when he see me at a party
- if i could only latch on to some of your know how