Noun: lance lãns
- A long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon
- spear, shaft
- An implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- spear, gig, fizgig, fishgig
- A surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade; used for punctures and small incisions
- Move quickly, as if by cutting one's way
"Planes lanced towards the shore"
- Pierce with a lance, as in a knights' fight
- Open by piercing with a lancet
"lance a boil"
Derived forms: lances, lancing, lanced
n : LANCET
- it was in fact the spearpoint of the german lance.
- he leveled a lance at him.
- he has had his lance stuck up with a pennon, which streams in a strong east wind.
- at last after mezentius had three times made the circuit, aeneas threw his lance directly at the horse's head.
- lance : no one to cover your ass now, eh tommy