lactobacillus acidophilus meaning
Noun: Lactobacillus acidophilus
- A bacterium that is used to make yogurt and to supplement probiotics
Part of: genus Lactobacillus
Encyclopedia: Lactobacillus acidophilus
A species of gram-positive,rod-shaped bacteria isolated from the intestinal tract of humans and animals,the human mouth,and vagina. This organism produces the fermented product,acidophilus milk.
- optimization of a fermentation medium for linoleic acid isomerase production with lactobacillus acidophilus
- the results showed that citrate sodium added to ferment liquid could decrease the stressing effect and enhance density of lactobacillus acidophilus during fermentation
- "Lactobacillus acidophilus " is a constituent in VSL # 3.
- Some experts suggest that miso is a source of " Lactobacillus acidophilus ".
- They conducted experiments involving rats and humans volunteers, by feeding them with " Lactobacillus acidophilus ".