Noun: journeyman (journeymen) jurneemun
- A skilled worker who practices some trade or handicraft
- craftsman, artisan, artificer, craftsperson
Derived forms: journeymen
Type of: skilled worker, skilled workman, trained worker
A person who has successfully served a formal apprenticeship in a building trade or craft and who is thereby qualified to work at that trade in another's employ. A journeyman's license (earned through a combination of education, supervised experience, and examination) is required in many locales for those employed at an intermediate level in certain trades, such as plumbing, mechanical work, and electrical work.
- then i proceeded to tell how the journeyman treated me.
- the wages of both servants and journeymen frequently sink in dear years.
- joe kept a journeyman at weekly wages whose name was orlick.
- the mercer's journeyman came rushing upon me with such fury as very much frighted me.
- when all was agreed, the case of the journeyman came up, and the mercer begged very hard for him.