jot down meaning
Verb: jot down jót dawn
- Write briefly or hurriedly; write a short note of
Derived forms: jots down, jotted down, jotting down
Type of: write
v. phr. To quickly commit to writing; make a quick note of something. Let me jot down your address so that I can send you a postcard from Europe.
- once you jot down the numbers of the books you are interested in, you are ready to find them on the shelves.
- i could jot down on a yearly birthday card
- let me jot down your phone number before you leave
- did you jot down his telephone number
- i keep this notepad so that i can just jot down some shit