Noun: intermission `intu(r)'mishun
- The act of suspending activity temporarily
- A time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
- pause, break, interruption, suspension
Derived forms: intermissions
See also: intermit
- drills were set to work without intermission.
- at the end of the first act they go to the men's lounge for a smoke during intermission.
- i entered upon the execution of the plan for self-examination, and continued it with occasional intermissions for some time.
- the violinist resumed playing after intermission
- -daddy !-i'm gonna call you at intermission