infectious bovine rhinotracheitis meaning
A herpesvirus infection of CATTLE characterized by INFLAMATION and NECROSIS of the mucous membranes of the upper RESPIRATORY TRACT.n : a disease of cattle caused by a virus serologically related to the virus causing herpes simplex in humans and characterized by inflammation and ulceration of the nasal cavities and trachea
- infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, which are caused by the bovine herpes virus type, are extremely harmful to cattle industry
- this paper systematically compared the different diagnoses methods of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, and intent to provide quarantining method for this kind of infectious disease
- The owner of the cattle has told deputies that he suspected the animals died of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis ( IBR ), or bovine virus diarrhea ( BVD ).
- The disease may be complicated by concurrent infection with viruses such as infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus ( bovine herpesvirus 1 ) or adenovirus, bacteria such as " Mycoplasma boviculi " or " Listeria monocytogenes ", or infestation by " Thelazia ", a nematode.
- Diseases associated with this genus include : HHV-3-chickenpox ( varicella ) and shingles; BoHV-1-infectious bovine rhinotracheitis / infectious pustular vulvovaginitis ( IPV ); SuHV-1 ( also known as pseudorabies virus )-Aujesky's disease characterized by central nervous system signs ( hindleg paralysis, meningoencephalitis ), high mortality rates in young animals, and respiratory illness in older pigs.