- Being or characteristic of a single thing or person
"individual drops of rain"; "please mark the individual pages"; "they went their individual ways"
- Separate and distinct from others of the same kind
"mark the individual pages"
- case-by-case, item-by-item
- Characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing
"an individual serving"
- Concerning one person exclusively
"we all have individual cars"
Derived forms: individuals
See also: idiosyncratic, independent, individualism, individualist, individualistic, individuality, individualize, individuation, man-to-man, one-on-one, personal, respective, separate, several, singular, unshared, various
Part of: people
■ adjective [only before noun]
connected with one person; designed for one person:
individual income tax
We set team and individual goals.
considered separately rather than as part of a group:
Our products are designed for individual markets.
We can't discuss individual cases.
■ noun [C]
a person considered separately rather than as part of a group:
The tests are used to assess the individual's strengths and weaknesses.
They lend funds to individuals and companies.
- individual with a disability | individual with disability |: [Law]Any person wh ...
- individual difference: [Medicine]Those ps ...
- individual differences: [Medicine]Those ps ...
- the individual septum can no longer be seen.
- johnson was plainly a canny individual.
- you are wretched, disunited individuals.
- they did not seem to be individual men.
- a few plant individuals grow in small caespitose.
- indium salt gamma-linolenic acid meaning
- indium-dtpa meaning
- indiv. meaning
- indivertible meaning
- individable meaning
- individual development account (ida) meaning
- individual difference meaning
- individual differences meaning
- individual mobilization augmentee meaning
- individual mobilization augmentee detachment meaning