in capite meaning
- /in kapˈi-tē or kapˈi-te/
1. In chief
2. Holding directly from the Crown (feudal law)
- His relics rest in the San Silvestro in Capite church in Rome.
- The title of the Sunday is " Dominica in capite Quadragesim� ".
- The Latin words " in capite " refers to the canonical title of Saint Sylvester is San Silvestro al Quirinale.
- In 1916 Pope Benedict XV elevated Sbarretti to the cardinalate as Cardinal-Priest of " San Silvestro in Capite ".
- The Cardinal Priest of the " Titulus S . Silvestri in Capite " is Desmond Connell, former Archbishop of Dublin.