- [American slang]
n. horse power, as in an engine.
• How many horses does this thing have?
• Isn't 400 horses a lot for just one car?
Large,hoofed mammals of the family EQUIDAE. Horses are active day and night with most of the day spent seeking and consuming food. Feeding peaks occur in the early morning and late afternoon,and there are several daily periods of rest.
- we stopped to let the horses to have a feed.
- colonel brandon's horses were announced.
- maria can hold the horses by herself.
- we stopped to let our horses have a feed.
- this breed of horses is both tall and heavily grown.