horseradish tree meaning
1. A tree (Moringa pterygosperma) cultivated in tropical countries for its edible capsules and its seeds, ben-nuts, which yield oil of ben (the roots tasting like horseradish)
2. An Australian tree (Codonocarpus cotinifolius) with leaves of horseradish flavour
- It is also commonly known as the horseradish tree.
- Stop next door at the community garden, where busy green thumbs are happy to chat about the marongay ( horseradish tree ) leaves, lemon grass, chili peppers, gardenia and other locally prized herbs, flowers and vegetables they raise there.
- A powder made by grinding the seeds is found to be more effective at coagulating substances in suspension than the seeds of the closely related horseradish tree ( " M . oleifera " ), which is used for this purpose in India.