- Noun: honey húnee
- A sweet yellow liquid produced by bees
- A beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- beloved, dear, dearest, love
- Of something having the colour of honey
- Sweeten with honey
Derived forms: honeying, honeys, honied
See also: chromatic
Encyclopedia: Honey, I Love You Honey, I Blew Up the Kid Honey, I Shrunk The Audience Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Honey, Honey Honey Honey, I'm Haunted Honey, I Blew Up The Kid Honey, I'm Home Honey, We're Killing the Kids Honey, Name That Tune Honey, We're Killing the Kids! Honey, we're killing the kids Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Characters Honey, Let's Trick Or Treat Honey, Just Allow Me One More Chance
• Let's stop at the happy shop and get some honey.
• You want another can of honey?
A sweet viscous liquid food,produced in the honey sacs of various bees from nectar collected from flowers. The nectar is ripened into honey by inversion of its sucrose sugar into fructose and glucose. It is somewhat acidic and has mild antiseptic properties,being sometimes used in the treatment of burns and lacerations. n
1 : a sweet viscid material elaborated out of the nectar of flowers in the honey sac of various bees
2 : any of various preparations consisting of simple mixtures of medicaments with honey — honey adj
- More: Next
- the eggs are dry enough for you, honey?
- the honey fungus is perhaps most damaging.
- i don't mean to scare you, honey.
- annette, won't you have some honey?
- the bees busied themselves at making honey.