homestead law meaning
Noun: homestead law howmsted lo
- A law conferring privileges on owners of homesteads
Derived forms: homestead laws
Type of: law
- He added to his holdings using the California homestead laws.
- Within a year more than 250 people claimed plots in accordance with federal homestead law.
- Over the years, other bounty land and homestead laws were enacted to dispose of federal land.
- His influence was heavily felt in the provision of rights for blacks in homestead law and at public school.
- But Gonzalez argued in earlier debate that the populist homestead law dating to the Texas Republic still protects the public.