- Noun: homesickness 'howm`siknus
- A longing to return home
Derived forms: homesicknesses
See also: homesick
Type of: nostalgia
The state of feeling sad or dejected as a result of lack of companionship or being separated from others.
- More: Next
- he returned to his native land of homesickness.
- it was as overpowering and imaginative as homesickness.
- those pictures surelly trigued my deep homesickness
- he returned to his native land of homesickness
- the girl appeared to be overcome with homesickness