[ 'həʊmsik ] Pronunciation: "homesick" in a sentence
- Adjective: homesick 'howm`sik
- Longing to return home
See also: desirous, homesickness, wishful
adj : longing for home and family while absent from them — home·sick·ness n
- More: Next
- he was homesick for italy.
- he was so homesick that he could hardly endure the misery of it.
- after the meal they felt rusty, and stiff-jointed, and a little homesick once more.
- i also suggest moving to a city with a chinese community -- that way you wo n't be homesick so soon.
- now i know where to go when i feel homesick