Noun: heresy herisee
- Any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position
- unorthodoxy, heterodoxy
- A belief that rejects the orthodox tenets of a religion
Derived forms: heresies
See also: heretical
Type of: cognitive content, content, mental object, orientation
- heresy-hunt: noun V ...
- heresy-hunter: noun
- he is spreading this heresy everywhere.
- his blasphemies and heresies are on record.
- continence is the foe of heresy.
- heresy, gentlemen, heresy is the charge we have to try.
- the dillon of that day recoiled from such heresies as country planning.