grand tier meaning
The tier immediately above the parterre in an opera house, theater, etc.
- More: Next
- Miller Auditorium has three separate seating sections, the Orchestra level, the Grand Tier level and the Balcony level.
- One recent night, some 1, 700 high school kids filled the Opera House's grand tier and dress circle.
- At the Metropolitan Opera, where his name appeared on the " Vilar Grand Tier ", it has since been removed.
- The staff of the Grand Tier Restaurant in the Metropolitan Opera House waited expectantly, as it always does, on Paul Newman night.
- Some of the students peered down over the railing, wondering who that lady was on the Grand Tier staircase, posing for a photographer.