- Noun: goose (geese) goos
- Web-footed long-necked typically gregarious migratory aquatic birds usually larger and less aquatic than ducks
- A man who is a stupid incompetent fool
- fathead, goof, goofball [N. Amer], bozo [N. Amer], jackass, cuckoo, zany
- Flesh of a goose (domestic or wild)
- Pinch in the buttocks
"he goosed the unsuspecting girl"
- Prod into action
- [N. Amer] Give a spurt of fuel to
"goose the car"
- (informal) boost, increase
"comes with a free ticket to goose early attendance"
Derived forms: goosing, geese, gooses, goosed
Type of: anseriform bird, boofhead [Austral], charlie [Brit], drongo [Austral, NZ], egg, egg on, fool, galah [Austral], incite, juggins [Brit], jughead [N. Amer], mampara [S.Africa], meathead, moegoe [S.Africa], muggins [Brit], nip, pinch, poultry, prod, pump, sap, squeeze, tomfool, tweet, twinge, twitch
n. a silly oaf; an oaf.
• Oh, I'm such a silly goose!
• What a goose you are!
Verb. To poke, pinch or feel a person's bottom, usually without their consent. [Orig. U.S./Canada 1880s]
- More: Next
- he is not such a goose as they make him ..
- you're all goose lumps, dear.
- it's about time his goose was cooked.
- the goose flapped heavily away.
- a goose waddles aimlessly.