- or gnomonical /-monˈ/ adjective
Relating to a gnomon or to the art of gnomonics
- gnomonic charts are published covering the atlantic, pacific and indian oceans, except for an equatorial belt in each ocean
- The gnomonic projection is used for charts intended for plotting of great circle routes.
- It supports orthographic, stereographic and gnomonic projections and various tools for constructions on the sphere.
- On the horizontal part of this sundial he presented the oldest gnomonic world map known so far.
- Like the stereographic projection and gnomonic projection, orthographic projection is a distorted, particularly near the edges.