Noun: glucosuria `glookowsyû'reeu
- The presence of abnormally high levels of glucose in the urine
Derived forms: glucosurias
Type of: glycosuria
n : GLYCOSURIA
- The rest is excreted in the urine ( glucosuria ).
- Small amounts of glucose in the urine ( mild glucosuria ) may occur intermittently in this disorder.
- If glucose is not reabsorbed by the kidney, it appears in the urine, in a condition known as glucosuria.
- The results are decreased kidney reabsorption of glucose, glucosuria effect increases with higher level of glucose in the blood circulation.
- Glucose in urine is called glucosuria and can be indicative of diabetes mellitus, but the test is not recommended or used for the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus.