- Thus, the two products are xyloglucan oligosaccharides ( exohydrolysis of 1, 4-beta-D-glucosidic linkages in xyloglucan ).
- Human acid beta-glucosidase ( D-glucosyl-N-acylsphingosine glucohydrolase ), cleaves the glucosidic bonds of glucosylceramide and synthetic beta-glucosides.
- These enzymes were formerly known as cellulase family E . Cellulases ( Endoglucanases ) catalyse the endohydrolysis of 1, 4-beta-D-glucosidic linkages in cellulose.
- Beta-amylase is an enzyme that hydrolyzes 1, 4-alpha-glucosidic linkages in starch-type polysaccharide substrates so as to remove successive maltose units from the non-reducing ends of the chains.
- The maltogenic alpha-amylase is an enzyme which catalyses hydrolysis of ( 1-4 )-alpha-D-glucosidic linkages in polysaccharides so as to remove successive alpha-maltose residues from the non-reducing ends of the chains in the conversion of starch to maltose.