gingival recessions meaning
The exposure of root surface by an apical shift in the position of the gingiva.
- it was referred to possible breastfeeding difficulties, speech problem, malocclusion and gingival recession
- However, it was only in 1985 that Langer proposed the SECT for root coverage following gingival recession.
- Thus, when root surfaces of teeth are exposed from gingival recession or periodontal disease, caries can develop more readily.
- While not all cases of gingival recession REQUIRE surgical correction, there are various options if that is what the patient desires.
- Exposure of the tooth root due to loss of keratinized tissue around the neck of a tooth is referred to as " gingival recession ".