get the picture meaning
- Verb: get the picture
Derived forms: gets the picture, getting the picture, got the picture
Type of: understand
Encyclopedia: Get the picture
to understand the whole situation. (Informal or slang.)
• Okay, Bob. That's the whole explanation. You get the picture?
• Yes, I got the picture.
interrog. “Do you understand?”; “Are you able to figure out what is meant?”
• Things are tough around here, and we need everyone's cooperation. Get the picture?
• We don't need lazy people around here. Get the message?
- More: Next
- i get the picture -- you two want to be left alone together.
- it took him two seconds to get the picture.
- dante : okay lady, i get the picture now
- he can't divide .-look, she gets the picture
- -he can't divide .-look, she gets the picture