- Type genus of the Gerbillinae: typical gerbils
- genus Gerbillus
Type of: mammal genus
Part of: Gerbillinae, subfamily Gerbillinae
- genus gerbillus: Noun: genus Gerbil ...
- IUCN lists the junior synonym " Gerbillus allenbyi " as vulnerable.
- Closer to the dust is the cushioned gerbil ( " Gerbillus pulvinatus " ).
- IUCN lists the junior synonyms " Gerbillus cosensi " and " G . dalloni " as critically endangered.
- In 2010, after morphological and molecular studies " Dipodillus " was ranged as a subgenus of " Gerbillus ".
- A fourth species may have been named in his honour : a mammal, Burton's gerbil ( " Gerbillus burtoni " ).