Noun: genus (genera) jeenus
- A general kind of something
"ignore the genus communism"
- (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more species
Derived forms: genera
See also: generic
Part of: family
- it inhabits a larger area than the megascolecid genus pheretinca.
- in the ancient genus descent was limited to the female line.
- he allowed these "enucleated" eggs to be fertilized by sperm from sea urchins of the genus echinus.
- the difficulty in distinguishing variable species is largely due to the varieties mocking, as it were, other species of the same genus.
- two species of genus scapania hepaticae; scapaniaceae new to china