genus colocasia meaning
Noun: genus Colocasia
- Small genus of perennial tuberous herbs of tropical Asia: taro
Type of: liliopsid genus, monocot genus
Part of: Araceae, arum family, family Araceae
- colocasia: Noun: ColocasiaSma ...
- colocasia esculenta: Noun: Colocasia es ...
- genus: Noun: genus (gener ...
- They are also fairly common in Northeastern Brazil, where they might be called ( literally " potato " ), but less so than true yams of the genus Colocasia.
- Cocoyams that are cultivated as food crops belong to either the genus Colocasia or the genus Xanthosoma and are generally composed of a large spherical corm ( swollen underground storage stem ), from which a few large leaves emerge.