game misconduct meaning
Noun: game misconduct
- (ice hockey) a penalty that suspends a player for the remainder of a game (but allows the team to send in a substitute for the suspended player)
Derived forms: game misconducts
Type of: penalty
Encyclopedia: Game misconduct
A penalty that disqualifies a player for the remainder of the game.
- Archibald was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct.
- Zubov got a five-minute major and a game misconduct.
- Brashear received a major penalty for fighting and a game misconduct.
- Chelios was assessed a minor, major and game misconduct penalty.
- Reekie received a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct.