Noun: gallantry galuntree
- The qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle)
- heroism, valor [US], valour [Brit, Cdn], valorousness, valiance, valiancy
- Courtesy towards women
- chivalry, politesse
- Polite attentiveness to women
Derived forms: gallantries
- there was no lack of gallantry and fortitude.
- he won many hearts by his gallantry.
- i decorated an american officer for gallantry.
- did you learn these pretty gallantries at rome?
- i honour your gallantry.