Noun: gallant gu'lant [N. Amer], 'galunt [Brit]
- A man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- dandy, dude, fop, sheik, beau, swell, fashion plate, clotheshorse
- A man who attends or escorts a woman
- Unflinching in battle or action
"a gallant warrior"; "put up a gallant resistance to the attackers"
- Lively and spirited
- Having or displaying great dignity or nobility
"a gallant pageant"
- lofty, majestic, proud
- Being attentive to women like an ideal knight
- chivalrous, knightly
Derived forms: gallants
- he was as ever assiduous and gallant.
- he was so courteous, so gallant.
- he's a good man and a very gallant officer.
- he put forward a gallant proposal.
- that gallant house was once the home of a nobleman.