front on meaning
- front on/onto sth especially BrE if a building or town fronts on something, it faces it:
▪ My childhood home was a giant Victorian house that fronted onto a park.
▪ The town is about 30 minutes from San Francisco and fronts on the Pacific Ocean.
■ SIMILAR TO: face
- the house fronts on the sea.
- if only there were harbours which could nourish great armies, here was the front on which to strike.
- the windows of my room front on the garden
- inequality is another front on which the bank is ill-equipped to fight
- establishment of ideological and political education front on the computer networks