front for meaning
- front for sb/sth informal to be the person or organization used for hiding a secret or illegal activity:
▪ The FBI suspected that he was fronting for a gang of drug smugglers.
■ SIMILAR TO: act as a front for sb/sth
- her rudeness is just a front for her shyness.
- there had been no movement on this front for several weeks.
- the jewelry firm is just a front for their illegal trade in diamonds.
- after my being in yan'an and in the front for about a year, agnes came to yan'an soon after the xi'an incident.
- -public front for franch intelligent-that's not all