[ 'frivələs ] Pronunciation: "frivolous" in a sentence
Adjective: frivolous frivulus
- Not serious in content or attitude or behaviour
"a frivolous novel"; "a frivolous remark"; "a frivolous young woman"
See also: airheaded, dizzy, earnestness, empty-headed, featherbrained, flighty, flippant, flyaway, frivolity, frivolously, frivolousness, giddy, head-in-the-clouds, idle, light, lightheaded, light-headed, light-minded, scatterbrained, serious-mindedness, seriousness, silly, sincerity, superficial, trivial
- it was too frivolous for her to answer.
- it's frivolous misuse of time, i confess.
- the young man's habits were frivolous.
- they were, to be sure, thoughtless and frivolous.
- there is nothing frivolous in margaret at all.