for the worse meaning
To a worse state
adj. phr. or adv. phr. For something that is worse or not as good, with a worse result. He bought a new car but it turned out to be for the worse. The sick man's condition changed for the worse.
Compare: TAKE A TURN.
Antonym: FOR THE BETTER.
- the worse for: Harmed or impaired ...
- worse: Adjective: worse&n ...
- for better or for worse: Whatever may happe ...
- she felt that she had arranged every thing extremely well, and that any alteration must be for the worse.
- in his case no change could have been for the worse unless it reduced him to almost absolute nakedness and starvation.
- big change in companies is mostly for the worse
- what has shifted for the worse is financial-market sentiment
- but things took a turn for the worse and two weeks iater.
- for the rest of us meaning
- for the sake of meaning
- for the sake of so or sth meaning
- for the taking meaning
- for the time being meaning
- for to meaning
- for toffee meaning
- for vain meaning
- for values of meaning
- for want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the man was lost. meaning