flat bone meaning
- Noun: flat bone
- Part of the sirloin next to the wedge bone
Derived forms: flat bones
Type of: cut of beef
Part of: sirloin
Encyclopedia: Flat bone
n : any of various bones (as of the skull, the jaw, the pelvis, or the rib cage) not rounded in cross section
- More: Next
- the sternum is a long, flat bone and is vital in the production of red blood cells
- Dog biscuits may be sold in a flat bone-shape.
- Like the other cranial bones it is classed as a flat bone.
- In an adult, most red blood cells are formed in flat bones.
- Less commonly affected sites include the talus and calcaneus of the foot and flat bones.