flag stop meaning
Noun: flag stop flag stóp
- A small railway station between the principal stations or a station where the train stops only on a signal
- whistle stop, way station
Derived forms: flag stops
Encyclopedia: Flag stop
- The blue / orange rule was eliminated during green flag stops.
- The completed station opened as a flag stop in September 1930.
- All except Haddonfield, Marlton, and Medford were flag stops.
- Two flag stop stations served Lake Orion on the Polly Ann line.
- The flag stop allows hikers access to the nearby Pawling Nature Preserve.