Noun: fishing fishing
- The act of someone who fishes as a diversion
- The occupation of catching fish for a living
- Seek indirectly
"fish for compliments"
- Catch or try to catch fish or shellfish
"I like to go fishing on weekends"
Sounds like: phishing
Derived forms: fishingsFishing
[Oil and gas]
Operations within a wellbore which focus on retrieving objects (fish) left in the borehole.
- fishing is still the main industry there.
- he enjoys riding, fishing and shooting.
- if i had my druthers, i 'd go fishing.
- all my fishing paraphernalia is in the car.
- what did he wear when he wasn't fishing?