finish with meaning
- 1. be/have finished with sth to have stopped using or needing something:
▪ Have you finished with the newspaper yet?
▪ I usually give my old clothes away when I'm finished with them.
2. be/have finished with sb to have finished talking to someone, or dealing with them, especially when you are angry with them or want to punish them:
▪ Don't go, Anna. I haven't finished with you yet.
▪ "When I'm finished with you," Morrissey said, "you'll be lucky if you're still alive."
3. finish with sb not passive informal to end a romantic or sexual relationship with someone:
▪ Did you know that Mike's finished with Theresa?
▪ There were just too many arguments so in the end I finished with him.
- he decided to finish with noble winney.
- she should finish with him -- he treats her very badly.
- we are to finish with the experiment in two months at the most.
- we didn't finish with that dirty business yet, after five long years.
- all programs start with the special word begin and finish with end.