finance bill meaning
A bill of exchange used for short-term credit. It cannot be sold on to another party in the same way as a banker's acceptance.
A parliamentary Bill dealing with taxation matters, usually introduced each year to enact the Budget proposals.
- The Vermont State Senate passed a public financing bill this week.
- He co-sponsored the McCain-Feingold campaign finance bill.
- Congress has been debating the campaign finance bill for seven years.
- McCain is not sanguine about the chances of the campaign finance bill.
- Some 85 campaign-finance bills have been introduced in the chamber.