- An animal being fattened or suitable for fattening
- Someone who consumes food for nourishment
- A branch that flows into the main stream
- tributary, confluent, affluent
- A machine that automatically provides a supply of some material
"the feeder discharged feed into a trough for the livestock"
- An outdoor device that supplies food for wild birds
- bird feeder, birdfeeder
- An animal that feeds on a particular source of food
"a bark feeder"; "a mud feeder"
Derived forms: feeders
See also: feed
In power distribution, a group of electric conductors which originate at a main distribution center and supply one or more secondary distribution centers, one or more branch-circuit distribution centers, or a combination of these.2.
In a water distribution system, a water pipe connecting an appliance to the water supply system.
1. A conductor or set of conductors that carries electric power from one point to another.
2. The transmission line connecting a transmitter to an antenna.
- pigs are voracious feeders.
- the barnacle and the clam are two examples of filter feeders.
- proper orientation of feeders and waterers promotes good performance.
- the ultrabasic bodies are generally concordant intrusions, with related feeder dikes.
- the distribution of electric energy is accomplished by dividing and subdividing large-capacity feeders into feeders of smaller and smaller capacity.