family combretaceae meaning
Noun: family Combretaceae
- A family of tropical trees and shrubs of the order Myrtales
- Combretaceae, combretum family
Type of: dicot family, magnoliopsid family
Part of: Myrtales, order Myrtales, order Thymelaeales, Thymelaeales
- combretaceae: Noun: Combretaceae ...
- family: Noun: family ...
- in the family: [American idiom]re ...
- There also are sclerophyllous trees such as species in the family Combretaceae, for example Terminalia bentzoe
- ""'Conocarpus " "'is a genus of two species of flowering plants in the family Combretaceae, native to tropical regions of the world.
- ""'Terminalia " "'is a genus of large trees of the flowering plant family Combretaceae, comprising around 100 species distributed in tropical regions of the world.
- ""'Conocarpus lancifolius " "', one of two species in the genus " Conocarpus ", is a tree in the family Combretaceae native to coastal and riverine areas of Somalia, Djibouti, and Yemen.
- Three genera of the tropical woody family Combretaceae, " Laguncularia ", " Conocarpus ", and " Lumnitzera ", are found in mangroves but " Lumnitzera " is the only one to occur in the Indo-West Pacific mangroves, including Australia.