false vocal fold meaning
Noun: false vocal fold
- Either of the upper two vocal cords that are not involved in vocalization
- false vocal cord, superior vocal cord, ventricular fold, vestibular fold
Derived forms: false vocal folds
Type of: plica vocalis, vocal band, vocal cord, vocal fold
- vocal fold: Noun: vocal foldEi ...
- inferior vocal fold: Noun: inferior voc ...
- true vocal fold: Noun: true vocal f ...
- Both make use of the false vocal folds to create an undertone.
- The false vocal folds are not responsible for sound production, but rather for resonance.
- These folds are false vocal folds ( vestibular folds ) and true vocal folds ( folds ).
- These false vocal folds do not contain muscle, while the true vocal folds do have skeletal muscle.
- The false vocal folds are covered by respiratory epithelium, while the true vocal folds are covered by stratified squamous epithelium.