false smut meaning
- efficacy of 30 aimiao ec against rice false smut
- False smut damages the rice plant by infecting the ovaries of the rice kernel in its early development.
- False smut does not replace all or part of the kernel with a mass of black spores, rather sori form erupting through the palea and lemma forming a ball of mycelia, the outermost layers are spore-producing.
- ""'Ustilaginoidea virens " "', perfect sexual stage " Villosiclava virens ", is a plant pathogen which causes the disease False Smut of rice which reduces both grain yield and grain quality.
- The genus is widespread in subtropical regions, and contains six species . " Ustilaginoidea " was circumscribed by German botanist Julius Oscar Brefeld in 1895 . " Ustilaginoidea virens " causes the disesase known alternatively as rice false smut, pseudosmut, or green smut.