- Noun: facies 'feyshee`eez
- (biology) the general aspect or habit of a species, or group of species, esp. with reference to its adaptation to its environment
- (medicine) facial appearance typical of a particular disease
- (geology) characteristics of a rock deposit
The appearance of the face that is often characteristic of a disease or pathological condition,as the elfin facies of WILLIAMS SYNDROME or the mongoloid facies of DOWN SYNDROME. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary,2d ed) n
1 : an appearance and expression of the face characteristic of a particular condition esp. when abnormal peptic ulcer facies adenoid facies
2 : an anatomical surface
- More: Next
- you may call my facies whimsical.
- clastic facies pattern recognition is somewhat systematic.
- the sediments are detrital and largely of greywacke facies.
- the sedimentary members are largely turbidites of greywacke facies.
- facies of species are often connected with extreme or disturbed habitats.