europe agreements meaning
Agreements between the European Union (EU) and countries applying to become members. These agreements concerned changes in the institutional and legal arrangements required before countries would accede, and provision for trade with them in the meantime. Europe agreements were made with several countries of Central and Eastern Europe, including Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Slovenia.
- Earlier Thursday, parliament ratified a Council of Europe agreement abolishing the death penalty.
- Grachev went on to restate Russia's rejection of the Conventional Forces in Europe agreement.
- Those revisions would be contained in changes proposed to the so-called Conventional Forces in Europe agreement;
- Internal disagreements have stalled signing of the Council of Europe agreement, which collective rights for ethnic minorities.
- Internal disagreements have stalled signing of the Council of Europe agreement, which envisages collective rights for ethnic minorities.